Skip to Main Content

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for and provides the following essential services:

  • Registration and Administrative Advising

  • Academic Records and Transcripts

  • FERPA Compliance

  • Change of Name/Address

  • Posting of Grades and Awarding Degrees/Diplomas

The Registrar’s Office can be contacted at:

Students should enroll in classes in CUNYfirst after receiving orientation and advisement. Consult the CUNYfirst training website to learn how to enroll using CUNYfirst. Students are not permitted to register before their assigned date and time. After enrolling in courses, view class schedule to verify that the enrollment is correct.

Academic Records and Transcripts

Academic enrollment records are maintained by the Office of the Registrar. Students can review their records at any time by logging into CUNYfirst. For help with technical issues with using CUNYfirst, visit the training website.

To request an official transcript during the course of study, the student may submit a Transcript Request Form. There is a $7 charge for a transcript to be sent to an institution outside of the CUNY system. There is no charge for sending a transcript to any CUNY institution.

Students who have financial holds on their record are not permitted to complete registration or obtain a copy of their transcript, academic record, and/or degree.

The academic transcript is permanent upon graduation.

FERPA Compliance

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. It is also known as the Buckley Amendment.

CUNY SPH is in full compliance with FERPA and the implementation of its regulations. More information can be found under University Policies and on the U.S. Department of Education website.

Per FERPA regulations, CUNY SPH does not release student information (name, attendance dates, address, telephone, e-mail address, fields of study, and degrees received), except to those documenting a legitimate interest. By filing a request with the Office of the Registrar, a student may ask that such information not be released without the individual student’s written consent. (See Directory Information Non-Disclosure Form and FERPA Consent to Release Educational Records Form.)

Change of Name, Address, or ID

A request to change your name, address, or ID on file with the School can be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

Degree Audit - Apply to Graduate

Students should refer to the catalog for specific Degree or Certificate Requirements, and consult with their Academic Advisor if additional information is required. Filing procedures are as follows:

  • Obtain the applicable Program of Study Worksheet from the links below and in consultation with an Academic Advisor print and fill out the form.

  • An Academic Advisor must submit this form by the set deadline to the Office of the Registrar in order for a student to ‘officially apply to graduate.’

Applications for Graduation

Exact dates for degree/certificate awards may be found in the Academic Calendar for the appropriate Academic Year. If a filing date falls on a weekend, applications and forms are due the following business day without penalty.

Graduation applications will be processed and audited after the filing date. Students will be contacted via email to their institutional email account if there are any problems. Letters verifying the degree/certificate award can be picked up after the conferral date. Instructions for diploma pick up will be emailed to students. Note that a diploma will not be released to anyone with outstanding financial obligations to the institution.

Only one commencement ceremony is held each year in June. All students who have applied for or earned a degree or certificate for that academic year will receive commencement information via email.